- 21.1. Synopsis
- 21.2. FreeBSD as a Guest on Parallels for MacOS X
- 21.3. FreeBSD as a Guest on Virtual PC for Windows
- 21.4. FreeBSD as a Guest on VMware Fusion for MacOS
- 21.5. FreeBSD as a Guest on VirtualBox™
- 21.6. FreeBSD as a Host with VirtualBox
- 21.7. FreeBSD as a Host with bhyve
- 21.8. FreeBSD as a Xen™-Host
Virtualization software allows multiple operating systems to run simultaneously on the same computer. Such software systems for PCs often involve a host operating system which runs the virtualization software and supports any number of guest operating systems.
After reading this chapter, you will know:
The difference between a host operating system and a guest operating system.
How to install FreeBSD on an Intel-based Apple Mac computer.
How to install FreeBSD on MicrosoftWindows with Virtual PC.
How to install FreeBSD as a guest in bhyve.
How to tune a FreeBSD system for best performance under virtualization.
Before reading this chapter, you should: